Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Oh Pooh!

With internet and email alive and kicking, the use for beautiful stationary has diminished a thousand-fold.

I mean, I'm sure you've received a Hallmark e-Card or e-Vite in the past few months at least.

Today, I was sourcing out some stationary envelopes and came across a very interesting -- and a tad bit icky -- set of note cards from Natural History Museum.

I'm not kidding, it's called the Poo Poo Paper Stationary set, made from the re-worked and re-pulped dung of Asian elephants to make rough-textured note cards to send a message, invite, thank you or good luck inside. It comes in photo albums and notebook squares, too. The stuff isn't stinky -- it goes toward the conservation of elephants and manages to look quite pretty, too.

I swear it's not bullshit.

But it is a little of the elephant variety.


* Take a close look at the black and white sticker on the packaging. HILARIOUS!!




I'm Lovin' it: Long weekend!! Actually, I think I still have to come in the office tomorrow, but still...yahoo!

I'm Over it: Not being able to spend Easter with my family, who are all the way in SoCal and will most likely be having a delicious family get-together filled with good eats and really bad family karaoke. Really, really fun and bad family karaoke.

Track of the Day: "Electricity" by The Avalanches. I gave another one of their tracks a shout-out awhile ago -- this tune is close to being just as great. I swear, the background music is sampled from the instrumental soundtrack portions of the old school "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" movie with Gene Wilder. Oompa, Loompa doopity doo!

Electricity




* Photo property of papersource.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home