Monday, April 30, 2007

Birthday Wish List '07

My girlfriend Alice filed a complaint in person yesterday while we watched the Canucks lose to the Ducks yesterday in Game #3 at Stephanucci's Kitsilano pad.

Apparently, not posting a blog since Wednesday is a fashion felony! Bad Haute Hippie, I know.

So there's much to catch up on -- and I figured since my birthday is coming up at the end of this week, I might as well spout off my bday wish list.

1. This outfit Keren Craig -- design partner of Harvey Weinstein's girlfriend Georgina Chapman -- from Marchesa is wearing. I love the ornate dress over the uber-skinny jeans! Oh, she's the blondie on the very right.





2. The newest Macbook. My little Toshiba mini laptop -- though it's too cute for words -- is as slow as Canuck defenseman Brent Sopel is getting to the puck. I need something sleek and reliable, so I can get my posts up and running anytime and anywhere I get inspired. It's the way of the freelance writer, you know.




3. Ever since I started working with my eco-conscious boss at CRU, I've been finding myself thinking green more than ever. Method cleaning products, bamboo as building material, Edun clothing and this fantastically blouse-y top from Vanessa Bruno. Ok, so it has nothing to do with the environment, but it most certainly is green.





4. Now that I no longer reside in SoCal, I no longer have year-long, beautifully bronzed skin. That's why I need, need, need to buy this bronzing powder compact from Guerlain. Pasty skin at Kits Beach -- a summertime don't.





5. It's finally short shorts season, and though I've already been sporting my woolly ones with opaque tights and boots, it'll be nice to wear cotton or linen ones sans tights and with these sky-high, peep-toe, snakeskin, leg-lengthening wedges from Bottega Veneta.




6. As a fanatical hoarder of huge, chunky jewelry, I think this Fendi logo cuff will fit in quite nicely with my absurdly large collection.






7. Even iPod Nanos need a little tender loving. Since my Griffin iCrap didn't give me the best iPod sound quality on my roadtrip two weekends ago, maybe I'll just blast Fujiya & Miyagi, Bloc Party, Hot Chip and Kaskade from this SpeckTone Retro iPod stereo at mi casa instead.





8. I absolutely adore the vintage purse I adopted from my grandmother, but with summer here, it's time to store away the black and bring out other purse palettes. Since white's the new black, I'll go with this Corto Moltedo Priscilla Luxor shoulder bag -- you can either clutch-and-carry or fold-over and swing from the shoulder. I'm the type of girl that likes options. Of all kinds.




9. Dresses, dresses, dresses! Tunics, shifts, LBD (Little Black Dress), LWD (Little White Dress), tight, flowy and this mini dungaree dress from See by Chloe. First of all, it's in this season's hottest color. Second of all, it's from Chloe. Both of which are reason enough for me to want it badly.





10. Gosh darn, do I ever love wearing heels. But I'd also love not having to visit a podiatrist to fix my heel-ed out feet before I hit thirty-five years old, so I better start breaking out the flats again. And if my flats collection includes this Lallia pair from BCBG, then I won't mind as much at all.






And for those who are wondering how many candles I'm blowing out this year, tough luck.

A real lady never tells her age.


I'm Lovin' it: The prospect of my friend Stephie D. and I landing the two bedroom plus den apartment at The Freesia we viewed last week for a June 1st move-in. No one gets shafted in terms of bedroom size, the place is pretty much brand-spanking new and apparently, the cable has miraculously been free for the tenants currently living there the past eight months. I've been praying to snag this place all weekend, and I'm not even that particularly religious. At all.




I've Over it: Not understanding the reasoning behind why Saturday turned out the way it was apres-Relish Lounge. A quarter of us -- Mikey, Big Brother K, Oli D. and myself -- were absolute superstars that night. Maybe it was my turquoise and white Gucci-esque sheer blouse? I expect a repeat performance for my birthday at Ginger 62 this coming Saturday, but with more participants. Oh yeah, and the LCD Sound System and Hot Chip DJs at Celebrities this Friday, the real day of my cumpleanos (ie. bday in espanol).




Track of the Day: Rocketship by Mood Ruff.This song played on MuchMusic's "Going Coastal" segment last night and now I'm all Kylie Minogue -- I just can't get it out of my head. Apparently the track is a few years old, but who doesn't love love an oldie, but a goodie??









* Photos property of style.com, net-a-porter.com, Google Images, nordstrom.com, clubzone.com, freesialiving.com, moodruff.com, mac.com, guerlain.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home