Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Wide Receiver

Last Friday, I had an in-depth conversation with some guy friends of mine about a topic I didn't think they had particular interest in: fashion.

What they had to say made me laugh my arse off, but mostly made me start to realize that what women think is fashionably hot, men often think is not.

Here are two of their observations:

1. Empire-waist, floaty tops are extremely deceiving. Apparently, guys don't like wardrobe deceit. My argument was that one can usually tell if someone is heftier beneath clothing. Their counter-argument was that a girl could have skinny arms, but still have a gut. Point taken.

2. Skinny jeans are ugly as hell. They don't understand why good-looking girls are always in them, and hope the style fizzles as soon as possible. The preferable form of denim for these fellas is the flare, not the peg-leg. Good thing I decided to change out of my skinnies and into my flares at the very last minute before leaving the house. It saved me from a lot of heckling.

Though I'm not going to be switching teams in regard to my own personal style anytime (ever), I've come up with a happy medium for Observation #2. I'm proud to introduce to you J Brand's Joplin Palazzo! It's wide and tight in all the right places.





As for Observation #1...well, I'm not shunning the floaty top anytime soon.

S.K., Joyce, Agro and Pashos -- you're just gonna have to deal with it.

* Hey dad, I know you're digging my blog title!!

I'm Lovin' it: Watching the Australian Open. Can't wait for the Federer vs. Roddick match up! Oh, and the hockey All-Star Game at Marla's tonight.

I'm Over it: No Canucks hockey till Friday. Oh wait, that's only two days away. Never mind.

Track of the Day: "Everyday People" by Arrested Development. This old school jam never ceases to amaze me. I don't think I'll ever get tired of it. And that's saying a lot. "Whoooooaaa! Say yeaaaaaaaah! Whoa, yeah! Whoa, yeah! Whoa, yeah! Whoa, yeah! I......am everyday people....."

www.myspace.com/arresteddevelopmentmusic

* Photo property of tipjar.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what is a blog again?
yes, i am rooting for you daily and often.
bud

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home