Monday, January 22, 2007

I Take It All Back

I know. I have some sort of ADD happening here.

My last post informed you that I was coming back to Los Angeles, but once again the tide has turned.

I'm staying in Vancouver for at least a year or so, and I'm eager to see how I can apply all my crazy, wonderful La-La Land experiences here in the hometown market.

After my trips, a recap usually follows about the good, the bad and the ugly of that place and/or adventure. So here goes the G.B.U for Los Angeles, California.

The Good: Running along Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica. My cozy apartment and my fantastic roomie Em on 9th Street. Laughing till I cried with R-Shizz, followed by an apple pie Coldstone or sundaes and cookies from McDonalds. Making fun of people with my l'il sis. Discovering new places to eat almost each day. The beach being only 9 blocks away. Forever 21. My co-horts and dear friends at Iconology. Sunshine nearly 365 days of the year. Melrose. Blu Jam Cafe. Crab mac 'n' cheese at The Belmont. My favorite bartender Palamino at Ma'Kai. 944 Magazine. Days off with Caro. Weekly trips to Target. The Cheesecake Factory. My great and sometimes crazy SoCal friends. Meeting new guy friends at The Abbey who don't hit on you because they're checking out the boys, too (it's WeHo, what do you expect?). The absolutely fabulous shopping everywhere and anywhere. Being only an hour away from my parents, 45 minutes from my grandma and three uncles, 20 minutes from my sister and 10 minutes from my fourth uncle, auntie and new twin cousins.

The Bad: Homeless people everywhere -- in your alley, on the beach, accosting you on the sidewalk. People who are "so L.A." because they suck. Being far from my hometown friends. Hideous parking situations at Fashion Week. Rudeness. Filthy air. Dirty oceans. Garbage on the freeway.

The Ugly: Traffic.

The good might appear to outweigh the bad, but I'm truly excited for this new journey in the life of Haute Hippie.

And don't forget, moving doesn't make me love fashion any less. I could move to Fiji and still write this blog.

I ain't done yet.

xo
Haute Hippie










* Photos property of daemery.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home