Friday, November 10, 2006

Tar-zhay Or The Highway

Nothing can stop Target and its steam-rolling of the fashion industry.

Izaac Mizrahi, Luella Bartley, Paul & Joe, Behnaz Sarafpour and now...Proenza Schouler!!

Yes, fashion kids. Design duo Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough -- Vogue and Anna Wintour scions -- are teaming up with mass market Target for a special capsule collection.

With the Behnaz Sarafpour collection just hitting the stores right now, you won't be seeing Proenza Schouler until spring.

It's going to be a loooooong five months.







I'm Lovin' it: Payless! I scored two pairs of shoes there today for less than $50, thanks to Shaquanda's (not her real name, but she sure looked like one) help out at the West Covina location. Did anyone know that Abaete designer: Laura Poretzky) did a collection for the chain store? Well, I got a fantastic -- yet classic -- pair of suede black pumps with gold and black "alligator" skin accents. The other, a gorgeous gold, silver and bronze faux-animal skin strappy number that I plan on pairing with my fave black opaque tights. I'm sounding like a broken record with the opaque tights thing -- give me several months and I promise to stop talking about it.

I'm Over it: The Jessica Simpson/Ken Paves hair extension line. Extensions are so not hot. Especially when poorly glued on. Don't use Elmer's.

Track of the Day: "We Are The Champions" by Queen. My stepdad is looking at old home videos in the living room, and it happens to be the background song to one of them. Really is a great tune. I particularly liked it as the sign-off song at the end of the first Mighty Ducks film. Kind of had a star-crush on Joshua Jackson back then. Still kinda do.




* Note to my hardcore readers: My sincere apologies for lying to you in my last blog. I bought new shoes before I bought the DJ Z-Trip album -- though the album was supposed to be purchased first, as per me. I'm so ashamed.




* Photos property of nymag.com and amazon.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home