Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sugar Coat-ing

So my flight back home to Vancouver is booked.

I depart the evening of December 26th for two glorious weeks in my hometown to ring in the New Year with my nearest and dearest friends.

The one bad thing? The rain, the wind and the all-around freezing cold (at least by my L.A. homeostatic standards).

The consolation? A brand new coat to keep me warm and fashion-forward.

Let's play coat dress-up, shall we?


Image #1: Juan Carlos Obando cashmere trapeze coat (lady-like with a funky asymetrical twist)

Image #2: Karl Lagerfeld double-breasted, coyote fur trimmed trapeze jacket (I put this one on and it pretty much feels like it's near-$1000 tag: expensive)

Image #3: Burberry London Gilmorton swing coat (easy, breezy London style)

Image #4: Moschino tiered trench coat (outerwear that looks like ready-to-wear!)

Image #5: Mulberry wool duffle coat (gotta love the toggles)


PS. The red fox fur number was an eBay find, which I did not win. I was crushed.














I'm Lovin' it: The Anna Sui for Victoria's Secret lingerie line! VS writes, "Anna Sui rules the runway with a hip mix of girly style, pop art prints and rock 'n' roll attitude". Three quintessential Haute Hippie favorites! Now all I need is a special fella to see me in these naughty little garments...

I'm Over it: My nausea. I will never consume alcoholic beverages on an empty stomach the night before running an open house the next morning ever again.

Track of the Day: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody" by Whitney Houston (pre-The Bodyguard and pre- drug abuse). I'm giving mad props to Miz Houston for dumping her loser husband Bobby Brown and hooking up with her career svengali Clive Davis again to orchestrate her comeback. If this tune comes on the radio, I belt it like I'm the Whitney. Except very badly.


* Photos property of ronherman.com, net-a-porter.com and ebay.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home