Monday, November 27, 2006

Sneaker Pimp

How sad of me.

If you're an avid runner and/or work out-er, the normal rule of thumb is to change your sneaks every four to six months.

So how long have I had my Nike Shox for? Um, try four years. Not good for a person who runs at least three or four times a week.

I've done some research and have ponied up a few styles I sorta dig.







Truth be told, though, I can't cheat on my beloved Nike Shox. Not that I'm going to keep sporting my holey pair with absolutely no more shock absorption. I'm just going to be brand and style-loyal.

Hopefully I'll have better luck buying a set this week. Last week, the Footlocker on Third Street Promenade had a power outage.

Yup, it was the only store on the Promenade without light that day.

Guess it just wasn't meant to be.

* Note: I realize my last blog about relationships was very Carrie Bradshaw/Sex and the City-esque (as also pointed out by Michelle T. at Iconology). A deviation from the Haute Hippie norm, I know -- but to be honest, it was quite liberating! Expect a few more of those sprinkled here and there between regular postings.


I'm Lovin' it: My parental unit went on a Christmas decorating craze the past few days. We're talking massive inflatable snowglobe, twinkling hedge lights, little lighted town on the piano (down went my cheesy "casual" high school grad pic for that one), wreaths and garlands everywhere, red ribbons, ornamented tree, stockings with holiday words (ie. Joy, Peace and Noel), leafy centerpieces, cinnamon scents and a big lighted candy cane complete with a North Pole sign -- pointing at the front door, naturally.

See below for the holiday artistes. As you can see, they wish to remain somewhat anonymous.




My idea of holiday decorating? A pre-made mini tree with some pretty baubles and a couple mini stockings for the roomie and me. And maybe some spiked eggnog for sipping.

I'm Over it: Um, don't worry about it. How about the Rachel Zoe vs. Nicole Richie fiasco instead?

Track of the Day: "Irreplaceable" by Beyonce. A girl-power ballad to the max! A defining song to go with certain personal changes and a little exodus of negative emotion toward the opposite sex. Was not feeling her B'Day album at first, but this jam came out and now it's at about at C-level. But I still love her.

www.myspace.com/beyonce

* Photos property of runningshoes.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home