Monday, November 13, 2006

I'm Such a Valli Girl

My best guy friend K. gave me a serious reality check last week.

I was in the middle of explaining my day to him, when he interrupted my dialogue to mimick me. Apparently since moving to L.A., I've (by social osmosis) somehow adopted inflections that can be categorized as "Valley Girl". As in, oh my gawd, like totally, like, a buxom, blonde-haired SoCal gal. Which, for those of you who have seen me in the flesh, is far from the truth.

I'm truly horrified at being dubbed a "Valley Girl". You'll be proud to hear I'm exorcising myself of this effected speech ASAP.

However, I will admit to being a "Valli Girl" -- as in ardent fan of Giambattista Valli.

Valli left his position as head designer of Ungaro a few years ago to take the creative reins of Italy-based Iceberg and also to start his eponmyous line. What a great move by Valli. His fashion star has been rekindled and his creations are everywhere. Well, namely on celebrities, socialites and runways, but if it can't be on me, it might as well be on them.

His design aesthetic? Think beautifully technical and couture, couture, couture. He's a red carpet favorite and his recent collection of trapeze silhouettes, glamazon swimsuits, voluminous shapes and uber-short dresses for Spring 2007 are definitely ready-to-wear-friendly. There's something so feminine and beautiful about his clothing. If I was an Oscar nominee, I'd want him to dress me.

Witness Valli's genius creations below.
















I imagine I might feel like a very expensive (but beautiful!) wedding cake in the dress third from the bottom.

Well, I've always liked cake.

I'm Lovin' it: Pumpkin lip gloss from Bath & Bodyworks. Not only does it claim to plump your kisser (which I'm not so sure it does), it tastes like a heavenly slice of homemade pumpkin pie. Just in time for American Thanksgiving at the end of the month, yee haw! Oh yes, and I'm also lovin' the fact that my Vancouver friends keep getting sent down here by their companies for work. Next up: entertaining my buddy Skirtz in February 2007!

I'm Over it: The fact I ate three pieces of cold pizza, two good-sized chocolate chip cookies and half a serving of Cup 'O' Noodles, then chugged an entire bottle of "Revive" flavor Vitamin Water for lunch today. Thank the lord for Bally's Fitness at 7 a.m. this morning.

Track of the Day: Since I waxed poetic in my last posting about an old school 80's Whitney Houston track, I might as well give old school 80's Lionel Richie some love. "Easy" by Mister Richie is one of my favorite cheesy way-back tracks. 'Cause I'm easy like Sunday morning, baby.

* Photos property of style.com






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home