Tuesday, October 20, 2009

H&M x Jimmy Choo.

And yet we have another collaboration between fashion behemoths: H&M and Jimmy Choo.

Tamara Mellon has done admirably well bringing the Jimmy Choo brand to where it is today, as in fairly synonymous (and doused) with celebrity, glitz and glamour. There isn't a red carpet that a Choo shoe hasn't liked.

Now Mellon has married her brand with H&M -- and oh, what a holy matrimony it is.

I know it's fall and all, which means a heck of a lot of rain, but those grey suede open-toe bootie sandals with straps that wrap across the front (or however you want to describe them!) have my name written all over them.

And I'm also a rather big fan of the dresses with the suede texture aesthetic. Yes, cobalt blue and grey!

Y'all better get on this Choo-Choo train with me.








I'm Lovin' it: Nautical stripes! On tight mini skirts!!




I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: This fantastic New York Magazine article on Ayn Rand, creator of Howard Roark and John Galt. If you haven't read The Fountainhead, please do. It'll change your life.


I'm Over it: Lest I say it? Okay, I will. Is it just me, or is Gossip Girl not as good as the last two seasons?? Please let it come back to life soon.


Track of the Day: "Leg Warmers" by Tone Mason from the T-Dot, Canada. I heard this track off the Think Contra online magazine site, and think it's pretty grand. It kind of has the same feel-good beats as "I'm Ready" by Kano, which I blogged about a few posts ago. Enjoy.



* Photos property of H&M, nymag.com, Jimmy Choo, Racked, Shopbop and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home