Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Marc. Jacobs. Fall. 2009.

Marc Jacobs IS New York Fashion Week.

His show is the one that the elitest of elite fashion people want access to -- and any of them would honestly care less if they had to squat on the floor at the feet of Andre Leon Talley and his ilk to watch.

Jacobs' newest collection was a tribute the the 1980's, when he was a club kid and when Stephen Sprouse, Day-Glo, big shoulders, blue eye shadow, mohawks and Boy George reigned supreme (all of which were referenced on the runway).

Sprouse, the late graffiti artist, was a friend and collaborator of Jacobs -- and the designer made he sure was paid homage to this season (both at MJ and Louis Vuitton).

I was a mere child during that era, so I never got a chance to wear anything like what came down the runway at the Lexington Armory yesterday, which is a damn shame.

But that's no matter, because according to Marc Jacobs' Fall '09 collection, the 2000's are the new 80's -- and you can bet your bottom dollar I'm taking full advantage of that.



















I'm Lovin' it: This shoe shot Ovitch took at a recent show. Ceux-là sont mes bottes vers la droite! Those are my booties to the right!






I'm Over it: Is it considered gauche that I'm blogging about fashion while in my gym clothes and workout bandana? Shhhhh, don't tell Carine Roitfeld. Then she'll never be my friend.


Track of the Day: "Work Day" by It Hugs Back. The boys are from London. They kind of sound like a nouveau Beach Boys, with their soft and melodic sing-songing.








* Photos property of style.com, thelineofbestfit.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home