Monday, February 23, 2009

Electric Blue Avenue

The 80s are back for Fall '09, as are all the colors that helped define the era.

I'm particularly pleased to see electric blue making a huge comeback, as recently seen on Giovanna in New York (an oft-photographed subject for The Sartorialist) and on Freida Pinto at last night's Oscars (donning a John Galliano...er, jealous much?).






This weekend, I did my style duty by paying homage to this bold color by purchasing Graham & Spencer's Micro Sheer Cropped Back Tank at one of my favorite shops, debuting it at the Ra Ra Riot show later that night.

I'm not as bold as to wear it without doing some layering, however, so I ended up pairing it with my trusty black fitted tank, my dark denim, my Industry boots (that have made several appearances on this blog now) and my new ghetto-chic necklace from Tru Value Vintage (only $21!).

It's now my favorite outfit, and I need to stop myself from wearing it every day.









I'm Lovin' it: How happy am I that Slumdog Millionaire won for Best Picture last night!!! I'm so very, very ecstatic that such a positive movie won top accolades. Plus the soundtrack is KILLER. Jai ho!





I'm Over it: Nothing yet to report.


Track of the Day: Here's another gem from Andre Allen Anjos! He just sent this one today, which just got the okay from Interscope to release. It's the remix of Yuksek's "Tonight".



* Photos property of Haute Hippie, The Sartorialist, Revolve Clothing and are used solely for commentary purposes

1 Comments:

Blogger scrambledaggz said...

that chain necklace is REE-DIC!! love it!!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home