Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Heavy Axcent

I can't believe it.

My search for the perfect, massive gold watch has come to an end.

Stockholm -based Axcent -- a Scandinavian brand that designs shades, timepieces and baubles -- has for me the Frank, a style that straddles the digi sport watches of the 80s with the polished look of right now. And it's huge, which has been the ultimate criteria in my timepiece hunt.

Axcent's portfolio of Scandinavian designers come from varying industries -- fashion, product, jewelry, interior and industrial -- thus giving the brand an array of aesthetics and construction. The Frank was masterminded by Daniel Jakobsson, a graphic designer and product developer from Gothenburg who is now Axcent's brand manager.

The brand is everywhere in Europe, but unfortunately hard to come by in North America. I believe the only contact for Axcent for this region is in Montreal.

Oui oui, time to brush up on my French.








I'm Lovin' it: The "Float Like A Butterfly" photo series from New York Magazine for their Spring '08 fashion section, shot by Andreas Sjodin, modeled by ballerinas from the American Ballet Theater and styled by Harriet Mays Powell. Breathtakingly beautiful.











I'm Over it: Being so far from my family. It's really starting to kick in. A year is a long time when you used to see them at least three or four times a week.

I'm Over it, Part II: A number of my good friends taking off for Europe sometime this year. Well, at least I'll have people to visit in Zurich, Amsterdam and London. Maybe I should've gone into accounting like them...nah.


Track of the Day: Hustler by Simian Mobile Disco, who are rolling into town this coming April 23rd. Enjoy the really, really eff-ed up video, y'all.







* Photos property of axcent.se, nymag.com, guardian.co.uk and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home