Thursday, November 15, 2007

Light As A Fetherston

I'm so beyond excited.

And I know that all y'all are, too.

Erin Fetherston -- that fairy-esque, blonde bang-ed designer and F.O.D (Friend Of Dunst, as in Kirsten) -- is debuting her collection for Target on November 18th, a mere three days away.

Since the collection is inaccessible in C-country, I'm enlisting my l'il sis in SoCal to charge the Target closest in proximity to her apartment as soon as doors open. We'll see how that goes, but she's my only hope thus far.

Those who know Fetherston's style know just how girly, feminine and ethereal her clothing is -- Wendybird anyone? The Californian-turned-Parisian-turned-New Yorker is a darling among the fashion and art sets, bringing an American edge to something that looks so European. Fetherston fans are already salivating at the thought of snapping up her red heart bag, cocoon jacket, headpieces and tiered dress.

Count me in as one of them.







I'm Lovin' it: The recent NY Times article by Eric Wilson entitled Loving and Hating Marc Jacobs. Jacobs has received so much flack this year for his personal and career choices, it's kind of nice to get things straight. Or as straight as any type of journalism allows.






I'm Lovin' it, Part Deux: Being the guinea pig today for my buddy Davis (also known to us as "The Scientist"), who's super duper smart and currently conducting a study on the relationship between height, balance and fear. So I got electrodes put on my head and legs, got strapped into a harness and lifted pretty high in the air on a hydraulic platform to see just how well I managed standing at the edge of it -- while electrical pulses shot down my right leg -- without freaking the hell out. Well, I freaked out intially. And the electrode gel made my hair look all Cameron Diaz in "Something About Mary" -- white, sticky and crusty. Hotness, I know.







I'm Over it: You know. Thinking too much about stuff. I'm right about done with it. Like...now.


Music of the Day: Me and my shopping crew -- usually consisting of some combination of Aims, Scoots, Hanna, Alicia and Roops -- made a little trip into HMV the other week, where I was promptly introduced to the indie-pop Canadian band Stars by the ladies. So my music-obsessed self checked them out and became even more obsessed with their auditory goods. Check out "The Night Starts Here", "Take Me To The Riot" and "Bitches In Tokyo". The five-member crew went from Toronto to New York to Montreal, keeping it nice and Canadian, eh.








* Photos property of fabsugar.com, msnbc.com, spin.com, thefilmjournal.com and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home