Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ked-Head

It's no big secret that I'm a fan of wearing heels: knee-high boots, stilettos, round-toes, square-toes, peep-toes, platforms, mules, pumps and wedges in patent, leather, suede, macrame, wood and raffia.

But sometimes, every now and again, I like to slip into a comfy pair of flats -- my patent, square-toe, mock-croc tasseled pair from Zara are fantastic. Sadly, they're still in L.A., awaiting relocation. And may my white ballet Delman flats rest in peace, having acquired a huge hole in the right sole after too many wears (I was actually forced by several family members and my friend Reems to finally give them up).

Now, don't mistake the term "flats" for plain old Havianas flip flops -- those are so passe.

When former The OC-er and ex-Brandon Davis lover Mischa Barton signed on to be the new spokesmodel for Keds, I was rather skeptical of this old school flat sneaker revival. Yes, I had a pair of white leathers in grade school, but still. Then Maria Cornejo from the label Zero came on board to design a few skimmers for the company -- using the same fabrics as her Fall 2006 runway collection -- piquing my interest ten-fold.

I wouldn't mind flitting about town this spring in a pair of these.

If you've got long, lovely legs like Tina Turner, buddy them up with long, twill bermuda shorts. If you're of diminutive stature like Kylie Minogue, a swinging mid-length skirt or flirty sundress will do just fine.

And if your feet kill from sporting heels every week, then these re-vamped Keds are a lifesaver.









I'm Lovin' It: Yesterday, all my Vancouver shopping dreams came true. Accompanying my friend Pashos on a hip sneaker hunt in Gastown, I stumbled upon a store by the name of One Of A Few. Once I pushed through the glass doors, I was knew I was in high heaven, traipsing among the Geren Ford tops, Fremont overalls, Graham & Spencer tunics and leather utility belts with gold metal buckles in black, red and gray (which, in my opinion, is the best shade of the three). It felt like I was browsing through one of my favorite quaint stores on La Brea or Third Avenue in Los Angeles. Michelle Pizzaro (one of the proprietors) is lovely, bubbly and knows her fashion. And what a small world this is: the Fremont showroom in L.A. where she buys from -- and which I've been in before -- happens to be the suite next door to the fashion PR firm I worked for a year ago. Quel chance!

I'm Over it: Snow on the ground this a.m., which thankfully melted away under today's sunshine. Thought I was going to ruin my Italian boots for sure this morning.

Musical Announcement of the Day: Peter Bjorn and John at The Commodore on Saturday, May 12th at 8 p.m.! Super stoked for this -- and as fate would have it, the show is eight days after my birthday. Which would make a PB and J ticket a very special B-Day present, indeed. Wink wink, nudge nudge, hint hint. And yes, that makes me a Taurus.








* Photos property of keds.com, myspace.com/peterbjornandjohn

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be sure to check out the brand new Keds Back to School Campaign launching in July! You'll be sure to love the new styles coming out soon at keds.com!

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home