Thursday, January 25, 2007

Shoe-Ins

I love art.

I love shoes.

When fashion looks like masterful art, it's called couture -- shoes included.

It's also called heaven, so here's a little slice just for you:



Miuccia Prada doesn't disappoint with this earth, primary and pastel colored peep-toe.



Missoni takes so many soulier details -- the round toe, the platform, the thick heel, the ankle strap -- and puts in it the shoe blender for a fantastic result. I particularly like the white ankle strap in contrast with the other muted tones. I think this might be my favorite.



This Marc Jacob number reminds me of Joan Collins during her Dynasty years. A silky, lose cream-colored pajama set would suit this fabulous -- and almost gaudy -- pair of sandals.



Marc Jacobs at Marc Jacobs is certainly a different designer from Marc Jacobs at Louis Vuitton. This architectural looker would sure have the Greek goddesses up in arms.



I own a pair of towering dark wood platforms that are very Chloe, circa spring/summer 2006. But the height of this Christian Lacroix tasseled platform is beyond Jack And The Beanstalk. My sympathies go to the poor model who pranced down the catwalk in these.



You can never go awry with a Christian Dior. Don't let the softer color fool you -- there's something slightly powerful and definitely sexy about this stacked platform. Great with a feminine dress. Even better with some short, cuffed shorts.



Derek Lam plays with a seemingly odd material pairing: navy patent and varnished wood. Somehow it works. It is Derek Lam, after all.



Heeelllloooo Chloe. This pair is a mix of school marm and highland dancer. Multi-straps signals highland dancer and the thick stacked heel says school marm. The gold strip along the heel bottom says fashionista.



Balenciaga is always expected to bring out the unexpected. Who really knows what's going on here with the thin-heel platform? Only Nicolas Ghesquiere knows. But it's definitely eye (and foot) candy.



Anna Sui KILLS it with this stark white, wood heel boot with buckle straps. Goes with denim, goes with shorts, goes with dresses, goes with white tights, goes with everything.



And Anna S. kills it once again with this gold gilded, Napoleon-esque boot...



Alberta Ferretti works the lucite-with-heel trend with panache. It's architecturally gorgeous without being over the top. It's just so pretty.

Shoes, shoes, shoes. It's the life for me.


I'm Lovin' it: My coffee meeting tomorrow at 11 am. I hope it brings good news.

I'm Over it: Ok, so I lied. Miuccia Prada did disappoint with this horrific sandal. It's like Toucan Sam got sick all over the model's foot.




Track of the Day: "Give It Back" by Gaelle, which I know I already put down as a "track of the day", but the re-mix on the Donnelly Hospitality Group (think: Bar None, Republic, Granville Room, Bimini's, etc.) website is so sick, I had to do a double nomination for Gaelle. You'll have to scroll for it, but if you go to the site right now, it's Track #11.



* Photos property of style.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home