Friday, January 26, 2007

Pony It Up

'Twas a long day today.

Which explains why I'm home before 12 am on a Friday night.

If I were out on the town, I would wish to be in this super-cute, English-prep outfit from Vancouver-based (and L.A.-available) line Chulo Pony. The brand's fans are not limited to those in the northern west coast -- Chulo Pony has already been shown at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week at SmashBox Studios in Los Angeles.

It doesn't matter that Vancity's temperature dropped to below freezing tonight.

I'd still have worn the ankle pants.





I'm Lovin' it: The just-released-today film "Smokin' Aces". All-star cast, gratuitous violence, stylized cinematography and final credits rolling to a sweet track by Common. Jeremy Piven pulls out some Ari Gold-esque moves and lines as a washed up Vegas singer turned pseudo-mobster, while Common heats up the silver screen with his smoove flava. And that Ryan Reynolds proves he's got some surprisingly decent dramatic acting chops in that fine self of his. Two thumbs up from the crew of Stephanucci, Haute Hippie, Rob the V and Prev.

I'm Over it: The driver on the 10:37 am "9 Boundary" bus, which conveniently broke down on the morning of an important meeting for me. That evil driver told me Willow and West 6th was only a 5 minute walk away from where the bus went kaput. Uh, yeah. It was nearly 25 minutes away. Ok, I'm exaggerating a little, but it was far. And I was late.

Artist of the Day: "Sneaky Sound System" from Sydney, Australia. Completely infectious, disco-ish, electro-pop house from this Oz triad of Black Angus, Miss Connie and MC Double D. I'm wishing, hoping and praying Sneaky Sound System makes the 18 hour flight to Vancouver in the next few months to perform their uber-catchy "Pictures". I'll be at their show with a slinky gold lame top and dancing shoes on.




www.myspace.com/sneakysoundsystem



* Photo property of mercedesbenzfashionweek.com, myspace.com/sneakysoundsystem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home