Friday, August 15, 2008

All Aboard The Pleet Fleet

Urban Outfitters is going the way of Tar-zhay and collaborating with big name designers, though more of the indie variety rather than runway variety.

After working with indie-friendly labels like Geren Lockhart of Geren Ford, plaid king Steven Alan, Bing Bang, Charlotte Ronson and Corpus, UO has now tapped New York-based Samantha Pleet for their latest partnership, a collection named Rapscallion.

I personally think this is the best Urban O. collao thus far, even though I'm completely enamored with my bright pink Charlotte Ronson top from the retailer, and I can't wait till it hits the local shop here.

Rapscallion has a very distinct military feel, thanks to some of the tailoring and much in part to the round, gold military buttons as embellishment on many of the pieces. I have a big thing for the black cape jacket and the high-waisted shorts with suspenders.







I'm Lovin' it: Creative Recreation now makes shoes for little kiddies! I've got two pairs of my own sitting in the shoe closet, a pair of Galow Hi's and a pair of Dicoco's. This means if and when I decide to have a mini-me or two, they can have them, as well.







I'm Over it: When people, even my friends, ask me if I've worked today. Just because I'm a freelance fashion writer doesn't mean I don't work. More times than not, I write so much, my brain feels like mush and my body feels physically tired post-scribe. If mushy brains and physical fatigue don't equate hard work, then I don't know what else does. It really chaps me sometimes.


Video of the Day: I saw this video of Russian Vogue Editor-In-Chief Alyona Doletskaya on Bryan Boy recently and decided to watch a few minutes of it for sh*ts and giggles. Well, yours truly ended up watching the entire thing. Doletskaya is absolutely fascinating -- charming, regal, well-spoken, driven, stylish and remarkably down-to-earth for someone holding such a powerful publishing position. She comes a close second to Carine Roitfeld in my books.







* Photos property of refinery29.com, style.com, Creative Recreation and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home