Thursday, June 24, 2010

Take It To The Streets.

I appreciate urban street style just as much as I appreciate what comes off the runway.

Case in point: I've never left the house without my ghetto gold strapped on.

So peeping remixes by Diplo and checking up on sites like Hypebeast, Highsnobette and Kanyeuniversecity are still activities I partake in (even though my Alife and Creative Recreation sneakers have been gathering dust in the closet for awhile, for shame!), but what I like about most about streetwear is that it's fun fun fun, and that, dear friends, is what fashion is supposed to be about.

Streetwear doesn't take itself too seriously -- though seriously enough to make people want to buy it -- and it's always slightly cheeky, if not blatantly cheeky. It's wearable, it's accessible, it's (usually) affordable and it's not likely to be deemed sartorially elitist, like a Hussein Chalayan or Martin Margiela (important note: I'm not knocking either labels, both are incredible, but just making a point).

That being said, I'm thinking this super urban, light-colored denim vest with rad, bad gold studs would look ever so cool with Dior leather leggings (or these laser cut leather Margiela pants from Spring/Summer '10) and an Alexander Wang tee.

Word 'em up to that.





I'm Lovin' it: Ha! This little cartoon made me crack up this morning.




I'm Over it: I have approximately 12 bug bites from being one with nature on the Lifetime shoot this Wednesday. I certainly don't regret going on the shoot, but I do regret not bringing a bottle of Off! bug spray with me.


Track of the Day: "Weak Ends" by MillionYoung, one the originals of chillwave. It's the Music Genre of Summer '10.





* Photos property of Kay Musik and are used solely for commentary purposes

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home